- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Data Science
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our team’s mission is to continuously improve Robinhood’s customer experience through data driven insights, experimentation, machine learning, and natural language processing technologies. We are looking for Data Scientists who will work closely with our product, design, user research and engineering partners to combine qualitative and quantitative research, statistics, and machine learning in a collaborative loop.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Executing our experimentation strategy (the hypothesize - test - validate cycle), extracting meaningful insights from data, proposing and designing improvements from first principles
- Using analytical methodologies to identify customer pain points and empowering data-driven decision making. Demonstrating problem solving skills with a can-do attitude
- Data sanitization and hygiene; noise and anomaly detection
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams; informing our stakeholders by articulating our insights and storytelling with data
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, operations research and engineering
- 6+ years of experience as a data scientist focusing on building data solutions and/or machine learning products
- Experience with A/B testing, executing product experimentation strategies
- Experience with machine learning techniques and sophisticated analytics (e.g. regression, classification, time series, econometrics, causal inference, mathematical optimization, text analytics)
- Experience working with very large datasets that reflect real life problems such as noisy, highly imbalanced datasets
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Great communication skills and ability to articulate how insights map to solutions and action items
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Experience collaborating with user researchers and designers
- Experience with data visualization libraries
- Experience with common ML/NLP libraries, like NLTK, TensorFlow, Keras
Technologies we use:
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).