- New York
- Los Angeles
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Design & UI
Join us in our mission to democratize finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
We’re looking for a Content Designer to help build the best product experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate is excited about crafting product content that empowers people to understand investing, market conditions, and other financial concepts.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Partnering with design, product, and research to build delightful user experiences and shape the product roadmap
- Engaging throughout the product development process to improve the overall experience and ensuring consistency
- Creating and advocating for approachable language that best communicates our mission externally
- Developing frameworks, guidelines, and processes to help define and improve product content at Robinhood
- Balancing customer experience and business impact with speed and quality
- Incorporating user research into content decisions for product experiences
- Assuring high quality content for our products in terms of simplicity, education, and delightfulness
- Contributing to our Help Center and developing customer support content
- Sharing your work with other Content Strategists and providing feedback during weekly crits
- 3+ years UX writing or content design experience
- Eagerness to shape product direction from ideation to post-launch
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience crafting UX content
- Experience defining, tracking, and reporting on content metrics and ability to communicate this effectively to the team
- Experience conducting content and comparative audits
- Ability to embody the Robinhood voice and advocate for the user
- Ability to translate technical concepts into concise, easy-to-understand language
- Ability to adapt quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment with shifting constraints
- Experience working with designers, product managers, and user researchers
- A portfolio or selection of writing samples and past work to share
- A keen sense of humor
- Personal or professional experience in finance or investing
- Familiarity working with compliance and legal teams during the content development and approval process
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).