- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Design & UI
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Research has been central to our product development and business strategy since the very beginning—and our team continues to grow, along with our user base and product. Working in the research team at Robinhood, you’ll help us systematically understand how people interact with financial products and how they think and feel about money.
This role is ideally suited for an experienced UX researcher who is interested in transitioning into people management. As a User Experience Research Lead, you will strategize & execute research across a product group consisting of 2+ product teams, working cross-functionally with product, design, and engineering. You will also directly mentor and coach junior to mid-level UX researchers embedded on teams within your product group to facilitate their growth and ensure the delivery of high-quality research that meets user and business needs across the entire group.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Proactively and independently identifying high-impact questions from a product or business perspective
- Leading research end-to-end to answer those questions with a strong command of UX research methods: qualitative and/or quantitative—survey development and related data analysis
- Representing the voice of the user throughout the whole product development process, partnering closely with PMs, designers, engineers, and leadership
- Clearly communicating your research insights for teams to translate research findings to product and business impact
- Contributing to the development of a data-driven understanding of Robinhood users and potential users
- Working with the researchers within your group to shape each team’s research roadmap with an eye toward inter-team/intra-group connection and cohesion
- Driving the overall product group research roadmap spanning strategic, foundational, iterative, and evaluative research—scoping and allocating projects across the group balancing between user needs, business goals, and researchers’ growth
- Mentoring and coaching junior to mid-level researchers embedded on teams within your product group as they hone their craft and engage in rigorous research, providing day-to-day guidance to them on programs of research and/or individual studies, prioritization, and setting expectations for quality and impact
- Experienced mixed-method User Experience Researcher interested in transitioning into people management
- Masters or PhD Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
- 6-8+ years of research experience; it can either be industry-only, or a combination of industry experience and academic research
- Deep knowledge of and applied experience with research, including foundational, iterative, and evaluative; the relative merits of different methods and when and how to apply them during product development; knows when and how to take a mixed-methods approach
- Record of applying your research skills to create product and business impact
- Record of mentoring and/or managing junior researchers
- Deep connection to people, with excitement about empowering them through mentoring and coaching
- Able to motivate and drive others to pursue excellence
- Strong communication skills with clarity that creates energy and drives results
- Able to balance a need for speed and DIY spirit with rigor and commitment to craft
- Able to think big and understand complex problems, and to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).