- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Oct. 24, 2021
- Design & UI
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our Talent Management team builds the strategy and programs that fuel our employees and leaders’ ability to deliver results while developing their careers at Robinhood. As a Learning Experience Designer, you’ll help imagine and build our Learning curriculum and programs! By partnering with teams across PeopleX, you’ll help set our Hoodies up for success in their roles and careers. Learning Experience Designers build creative and engaging learning materials, programs, and experiences to maximize the impact of our programs.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Using a human-centered design approach, work directly with our various Talent Management teams to deeply understand the learning needs of our programs including onboarding, functional learning, leadership development, and performance management
- Delivering learning products that meet objectives in creative, engaging, relevant ways that are reflective of the company including (e-learning, system simulations, videos, surveys, motion graphics, wikis, etc.) and conventional deliverables (participant workbooks, facilitator guides, presentations, infographics) to meet learning objectives
- Building prototypes of various fidelities as part of a user-centric design approach
- Rolling up your sleeves and provide production support in Google Docs and Slides and in interactive PDFs
- Developing learning by leveraging a build/buy/curate model to determine design process and approach ranging from creating a learning product from start to finish, partnering with vendors to get work done, or curating off-the-shelf content to meet learning needs
- Navigating multiple tools to develop complex learning solutions
- Demonstrating a commitment to teamwork through relationship building and effective collaboration with the Talent Management team, business subject matter experts, and business partners
- Delivering exemplary internal customer service through strong professionalism and project ownership/management
- Demonstrating curiosity about learning technology and design to provide the learner fresh and relevant ways to engage
- Leveraging strong project management to manage multiple concurrent projects
- 3+ years of demonstrated impact developing learning experiences across leadership development, broad employee education, coaching, performance management, or similar areas
- A solid understanding of how people learn, plus the creative talent and curiosity to challenge the status quo, innovate, and help re-imagine learning!
- Expertise building and scaling learning initiatives in a high-growth, rapidly adapting environment
- An eye for beautiful design and demonstrated ability to build content for maximum learning
- Video, graphic design, interactive design experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro required
- Advanced elearning development experience with Articulate Storyline and 360 required
- Advanced skills with Google slides and slide design
- Outstanding collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced, continuously evolving, and sometimes ambiguous environment required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 3+ years of equivalent work experience
- Portfolio of representative work required
- Experience working and learning in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS.
- Curious and excited about code-based animations
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).