- Westlake, TX
- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Engineering QA
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
The Financial Crimes Team at Robinhood works across a number of verticals in an effort to protect our customers, and ensure compliance with all relevant Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions rules and regulations. As our Team of passionate professionals continues to evolve the program, we are focused on leveraging innovative thinking and technology to create a best-in-class Financial Crimes Program .
The Manager of Testing, Tuning and Development will collaborate with the AML Surveillance Team and across Financial Crime verticals to ensure scenarios have been accurately implemented, tuned and sourced and to support other applicable regulatory requirements.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Support and manage a surveillance testing program responsible for validating all fund-based and trade based scenarios as designed.
- Lead efforts related to logic testing and data validation to ensure completeness and accuracy around inputs and critical data sources.
- Create applicable documentation and evidence results of reviews as well as observations and recommendations. Track action plans to remediate.
- Perform code reviews as necessary to validate AML scenarios within various technology solutions.
- Apply various optimization techniques to effectively tune surveillance scenarios with the objective of reducing false positives and enhance quality.
- Strategize and develop new solutions in collaboration with the Surveillance team where vendor-based solutions are not available or where efficiencies can be gained.
- Work across Financial Crimes and business partners to create responsive solutions in a timely manner for new regulatory guidance, rules and regulations.
- Engage in strategy sessions to continue expanding and enhancing the Financial Crimes AML Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, in a related field.
- 10+ years working in AML, Surveillance and/or related functions.
- 3+ years experience in verification and validation of AML scenarios or models
- Leader with strong analytical skills who inspires others to do their best.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Expertise in data mining and discovery strategies.
- Excels in developing viable solutions using subject matter expertise and programming skills.
- Experience in the Nasdaq Trade Surveillance or Actimize solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Broker-Dealer, MSB, or Cryptocurrency operations.
- CAMS Certification
Colorado Residents Only: In accordance with Colorado state law, Robinhood provides an estimate of the pay range associated with this role. In Colorado, the target salary for this position is $123,000 to $131,000. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications. Successful candidates for this role are eligible to participate in Robinhood’s equity plan.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).