- Westlake, TX
- Tempe, AZ
- Washington, DC
- New York
- Menlo Park
- Lake Mary, FL
- Charlotte, NC
- Date Posted
- Oct. 24, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood Financial (“RHF”) is Robinhood’s retail broker/dealer, and the Brokerage Product Team within RHF Compliance focuses on working with our Robinhood Product, Engineering and Product Operations (“Product”) to ensure they are developing and deploying new and enhanced products and services in a compliant manner, and serving as their primary point of contact for compliance matters related to RHF’s business. The team is responsible for providing guidance, training, testing and supervisory support, acting as an escalation point, partnering in WSP and general policy and procedure updates and implementation, and acting in an advisory capacity to provide regulatory guidance on product-related matters.
As a Compliance Advisor on the Brokerage Product team, you’ll report to the Director of Product & Communications Compliance, and be responsible for supporting new and enhanced product and service development, testing, deployment and retrospective review, working with Product, risk and legal to ensure offerings meet regulatory and firm policy requirements, and collaborating with stakeholders to ensure any updates or corrective actions are fully implemented.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Working with Product teams and partners in ideation, design, development, testing and deployment of brokerage products including equities, options, ETFs, margin and fractional shares
- Proactive guidance on broker/dealer regulatory requirements
- Collaborating with legal, business, compliance and technology partners
- Act as the compliance subject matter expert and provide regulatory guidance on business initiatives and operational processes to internal teams
- Partner with Policy & Internal Control group, CX Compliance and other Risk & Compliance groups in developing, enhancing and implementing policies, procedures and controls
- Provide on-site, real-time answers to manager and representative questions and escalations
- Train on securities regulations, policies, procedures, support/sales practices and supervision
- Test policies, procedures, support/sales practices and supervision to ensure effective end to end controls
- Initiate communications regarding regulatory updates/changes and policy reminders to the Product teams
- Research and interpret rules and regulations to determine applicability to business processes
- Support regulatory filings, exams and inquiries
- Passion for Robinhood’s products and our mission to democratize finance for all
- 7-10 years of financial services industry experience, and specifically 5 years within the area of broker-dealer compliance
- Prior experience with on-line brokerage
- Prior experience in a compliance or legal role supporting brokerage product development including equities, options, margin, fractional shares and ETFs
- Comprehensive knowledge of FINRA and SEC regulations, including practical applications of regulatory rules in broker-dealer operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with registered representatives and supervisors to build trusted relationships
- Advanced research, writing and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with demonstrated results
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- JD or MBA
- Experience managing projects interfacing with technical and non-technical teams
- Prior experience at a broker/dealer financial services regulator (FINRA or SEC)
- Active FINRA Series 4, 7, 9/10, 24 or 14 licenses
- Certifications such as CRCP, CSCP, law degree
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).