- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
Menlo Park, CA or New York, NY or Remote
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Crypto Operations team is passionate about delivering an excellent end-customer experience and mitigating firm risk while supporting cutting-edge crypto products. As a tax operations specialist on our Crypto Operations team, you’ll be responsible for critical processes around US tax reporting for our crypto business and customers. Responsibilities include driving and executing on operational process improvements, reducing operational risk, collaborating with external partners such as our tax vendor and internal partners such as the product and engineering teams.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
Be part of an essential team that directly impacts the accuracy of client’s annual tax form information as well as the success of timely receipt of those forms by clients.
- Determine the tax implications for our crypto products, such as forks, transfers, and sales
- Facilitate the processing of annual tax forms by reconciling tax data, validating exceptions and working with external vendors
- Affect the creation of tax forms (1099-B, 1099-MISC, etc.) as well as making those documents available to customers in a timely manner while ensuring our vendor submits the data to tax authorities
- Review issues from external business partners and collaborate on the appropriate course of actions to come to resolutions
- Serve as a subject matter expert associated with tax reporting
- Be responsible for data preparation and reporting processes
- Initiate process enhancements collaborating with customer-facing teams, product, and engineering
- Maintain standard operating procedures and WSPs
- Possess knowledge of the IRS regulations that govern cost basis, tax documentation, withholding and information reporting regulations (i.e. 1099 reporting, Forms W9 and W8 series, backup withholding and NRA)
- General understanding of MSB, MTL or crypto businesses
- Strong self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong data query skills
- Solid communication and analytical skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with external and internal partners
- Ability to effectively manage several priorities and adapt to changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 4+ years experience working in the financial services industry, preferably in a crypto or payments environment, with an emphasis on retail tax reporting
- Knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and mechanics
- Cryptocurrency, foreign exchange, and securities market industry experience
- Retail customer experience
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).