- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the Role
The EDD Associate will be responsible for running EDD processes and controls. This includes implementing scalable processes and identifying potential areas of EDD compliance vulnerability. The associate will support the team in managing regulatory risk, ensuring deadlines and service levels agreements are met, and for compliance with Firm policy, BSA, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
As a EDD Associate you will:
- Implement and execute EDD Procedures to comply with all, BSA, SEC, and FINRA rules
- Manage and resolve escalated EDD issues, high risk customer, exception report monitoring, and other compliance assignments
- Investigate and make determinations on EDD reviews and escalations
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase quality and scalability
- Conduct internal testing of EDD compliance in functional areas such as CDD, PEP, fraud prevention and communicating trends and findings to AMLCO
- Manage ad hoc priorities dealing with EDD compliance and subsequent determinations
Some things we consider critical to being a EDD Associate:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years working in EDD compliance or AML compliance experience with focus on EDD
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation or pursuing certification
- Strong understanding of broker/dealer operations and/or financial services compliance functions
- Superior expertise, investigative skills, and strong knowledge of BSA, AML, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and privacy laws as they apply to financial institutions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Broker/dealer experience in an EDD compliance or KYC environment
- Management experience in EDD Operations, Compliance and/or Controls
Colorado Residents Only: In accordance with Colorado state law, Robinhood provides an estimate of the pay range associated with this role. In Colorado, the target salary for this position is $69,000 - $81,000. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).