- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 6, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As an individual on the Finance & Strategy team, you will play an integral part in Robinhood’s success by driving financial planning processes, providing decision-making support, and working with various business partners to develop strategic analysis around key business initiatives. Key prior initiatives have included driving operational efficiencies and developing strategic scalability frameworks.
This role suits those with a bias towards action and impact, who believe in end to end execution and accountability. You are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, operational, and visionary. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make meaningful recommendations; and drive those recommendations through to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling case. You can also step back and contribute meaningfully to our long term strategy.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for the teams you support (e.g., Monthly Business Reviews, Forecasts, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan)
- Conduct complex data analysis and research that results in compelling recommendations for our teams and product leaders
- Develop a thorough and detailed understanding of both our long term strategy as well as our core product and financial metrics
- Establish frameworks for evaluating new opportunities and product initiatives to support decision making and prioritization.(e.g. market sizing to resolve product prioritization, roadmap planning, unit economics & ROI, etc...)
- Partner with the business and find opportunities to create efficiencies, appropriate metrics to track business performance and additional sources of revenue
- Serve as a cross-functional liaison, strategic advisor, and execution partner to leads of Robinhood’s Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Marketing teams
- Lead strategic initiatives end to end from ideation to analytics to recommendations to project managing cross-functional teams to drive impact
- 4-6 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Strategic Finance, Product Finance, and/or FP&A in the tech sector, or similar roles.
- An ability to think from first principles and work independently
- Advanced financial modeling and forecasting skills
- Ability to drive improvements and efficiency around financial processes
- High proficiency in Excel and interest in developing advanced querying / modeling skills
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design creative solutions
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external partners including leadership.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and consider all partner needs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study
Experience working with SQL & Looker
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).