- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
As an Internal Audit Manager, you’ll be responsible for partnering with internal stakeholders to identify areas of risk and make valuable recommendations on controls. In this role, you will focus on building partnerships with Finance, Accounting, and Operations (Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, Vendor Oversight etc.) teams. You will participate in company-wide risk and controls assessments, and deliver audit, assessments, and advisory projects on the internal audit plan. In addition to the above responsibilities, you will also assist with audit operations such as audit functional initiatives, developing Audit level training, guidance and cross entity collaboration tools; create reporting on behalf of the department for read-outs to leadership teams, risk and compliance and other stakeholder groups. The successful candidate will be able to think strategically about specific problems for the business and have a strong ability to execute on those specific deliverables.
This position is located in our Menlo Park, CA office.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Supporting the execution of the internal audit plan
- Preparing audit documentation including, planning memo, audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations, including interpreting the significance of audit findings, concluding on findings and making practical recommendations for remediation
- Evaluating controls in order to identify gaps and areas of improvement
- Executing various types of audits, and conducting post-remediation validation
- Building collaborative and trusting relationships with business partners and cross-functional stakeholders
- Partnering with business teams to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Assist with audit operations, audit functional initiatives and ongoing reporting
- Developing and / or maintaining the audit framework, process and tools
- Advocating for and implementing continuous improvement in our internal controls
- Communicating with and educating process owners effectively on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Audit
- Facilitating internal and external communications, including interacting with external auditors and regulators
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 6+ years of auditing experience
- 4+ years of financial services or high tech industry experience
- Experience conducting audits in operations, human resources, vendor management, cash, treasury, liquidity management, financial modeling, corporate accounting, accounts payable, payroll etc.
- Strong reporting and presentation development skills, including use of visualization and data analytic tools
- Understanding of GAAP and public company requirements
- Strong ability to successfully partner with and manage audits for Finance, Accounting and Operations
- Experience in end-to-end audit cycle management and independently operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple projects / initiatives
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a experienced manner and creatively break down complex scenarios into manageable chunks
- Masters degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience conducting audits at a Broker-dealer
- Experience in leveraging data analytics or automated tools and techniques to execute audit procedures
- Big 4 consulting experience
- CISA, CPA, CIA, CISM, CAMS certifications
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.