- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We are building a financial compliance team that will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the company’s financial and accounting compliance with the relevant compliance framework. As a team member, you will be responsible for evaluating risks, processes and controls; identifying and mitigating control gaps; partnering with business and IT teams to support the company’s growth and expansion; and ensuring the company’s compliance over financial reporting (ie. SOX) and certain other regulatory requirements.
This position can be remote, and reports to the Director of Financial Compliance. We’re looking for a manager with industry experience with public companies, Fin-tech, broker dealers, banking or other financial services companies.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Participate in the initiative to establish and support the company’s SOX compliance framework including performing risk assessment, documenting walkthroughs and conducting tests of design and operational effectiveness for key business and IT processes and controls
- Assist in the annual and quarterly SOX scoping, risk assessment, controls mapping and changes identification process
- Proactively interact with business and IT teams to gather information, identify gaps, resolve issues, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Assess new processes, or changes to existing processes to identify financial and operational risks before launch, providing recommendations for improvement
- Advocate for continuous improvement in our system of internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 4+ years of experience, including financial audit/attestation preferably in a Big Four firm or a public company’s internal audit/SOX function or a combination thereof
- Knowledge and experience in Internal Control over Financial Reporting, SOX 404 framework, and the corresponding documentation and testing
- Highly motivated and proactive with strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to partner with business and technology leaders to identify optimal solutions that resolve business process or technology control gap
- CPA, CIA or CISA certifications preferred
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).