- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
Charlotte, NC, or Denver, CO, or Westlake, TX or Chicago, IL
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood Financial (RHF) is Robinhood’s retail broker/dealer, and the Brokerage Risk Team focuses on identifying, evaluating, mitigating, reporting on, and responding to risks faced by the introducing broker-dealer. We’re looking for a motivated self-starter to join the Risk team for RHF. As a Brokerage Risk Specialist, you’ll be responsible for executing on critical functions like alert monitoring and building, risk assessments, incident response, and account reviews. You’ll collaborate and partner with other entity level and enterprise risk professionals to take ownership and strengthen capabilities across all types of risks across Robinhood Financial LLC, including third party, margin, and operational risk. You’ll strategize operational risk mitigation by automating tasks, implementing controls, monitoring areas of the brokerage, using data to drive operations decisions, and collaborating with our compliance, product, and engineering teams to execute on innovative, risk-mitigating projects.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design and monitor real-time market and trading dashboards and alerts for emerging trends
- Design and follow policies and procedures in the event of alerts or risk trends
- Engage leaders across the broker-dealer to perform risk assessments and track mitigation of identified risks
- Collaborate with multiple partners from across the organization to drive the implementation of the entity’s first-line risk management program
- Use data to craft recommendations for tools or controls that mitigate risk
- Work closely with our engineering and product teams to launch, improve, de-risk, and scale Robinhood’s products and systems
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Help assess emerging risks to include the design monitoring of mitigation tactics
- Long-term thinking; ability to identify and mitigate risks proactively and understand cross-organizational impact
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for brokerage operations and financial markets
- Inventive and adaptive in fast-paced, ambitious environments; strong bias to action
- Highly organized, and analytical
- 5+ years experience in Brokerage Operations and/or Risk profession
- Bachelor’s in finance, business, or quantitative field
- Exposure to middle office brokerage operations, margin, and options
- SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 (or ability to maintain within 6 months)
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Risk management expertise, including process design and risk assessments
- Experience collaborating with technical and non technical teams
- Series 24 license
Colorado Residents Only: In accordance with Colorado state law, Robinhood provides an estimate of the pay range associated with this role. In Colorado, the target salary for this position is $88,000 to $103,000. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications. Successful candidates for this role are eligible to participate in Robinhood’s equity plan. [Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in Colorado, but the role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.]
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).