- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a Oracle Financial Applications Engineer in the enterprise application space to join our Corporate Engineering team. As a senior member of the team, you’ll be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining company SaaS applications and tools. This includes partnering with multi-functional teams (HR, Finance, Security, Legal, etc) to assist with any and all application integrations. You will work to ensure that the enterprise SaaS technology architecture and governance are aligned to strategic business initiatives, company goals, and the mission to democratize finance for all. This role is a great opportunity to join the team as a founding member and help build out the enterprise applications function at Robinhood.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Partnering with Finance and Accounting to transform business and automate processes to improve month-end close cycle times.
- Assessing business requirements, evaluating possible solutions and then implementing and/or recommending solutions
- Working closely with multi-functional teams such as finance, customer experience, engineering, and legal, as well as vendors and external partners
- Performing Proof of Concept exercises to test and evaluate competing design ideas and demonstrate functionality to business partners
- Implementing SaaS system changes and administering access to systems and information within approved IT security policies, guidelines, and standards
- Creating and maintaining standards, procedures, and documentation related to areas of responsibility. May participate in system audits and perform testing for disaster recovery or SOX controls, ensuring a secure processing environment that protects the integrity and availability of information
- Creating sandbox/test environments for evaluation and testing of new technologies
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated ability with Oracle Financial Cloud Services
- 1 full life-cycle Oracle Cloud Financials Implementation
- Strong conceptual understanding of Accounting Hub Cloud Services (AHCS), or Fusion Accounting Hub (FAH)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering audiences with customer focus and problem solving approach.
- 5+ years in the IT space with 3+ years of proven experience in design, development, implementation, and support of enterprise SaaS applications.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance regulations and its implementation in the IT/SaaS applications space.
- Proven experience with managing cloud applications and platforms.
- Ability to find out-of-box solutions to best fit Robinhood’s needs.
- Self-starter with the ability to overcome all obstacles and challenges with little to no supervision
- A focus in developing automated business systems
- Oracle Cloud Certification in Finance modules
- Experience using Anaplan or similar planning, budgeting, and forecasting software
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (SQL, Python, Go, etc)
- Prior experience working with a fintech company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.