- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Oct. 24, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We are looking for an intellectually curious and enthusiastic individual to help the organization and our Payments entity prepare for continued rapid growth. This role is responsible for being the Finance Director for our Payments business, with an emphasis on unit economics and product monetization, business insights and KPI health, liquidity management, and financial planning & forecasting. This role presents the opportunity to work with multiple teams across Robinhood such as product, engineering, operations, treasury, finance, compliance, and legal. This position will report to the VP Finance & Strategy at Robinhood.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner with the Payments leadership team on unit economics and product monetization, business insights, liquidity management, product, and strategic decisions as the single threaded Finance leader for the entity
- Develop annual strategic and financial plans in collaboration with the Payments leadership team, ensuring the team is resourced to achieve long-term OKRS and product roadmap timelines
- Collaborate with the Finance & Strategy team on financial forecasting, budgeting, and quarterly/annual planning for the Payments entity
- Own the first line of liquidity management within the Payments entity and partner with Payments Operations and Robinhood Treasury on monitoring, forecasting, SOPs, and active liquidity management
- Manage the relationships with existing external payments banking partners in collaboration with Robinhood Treasury
- Ensure Robinhood Finance leadership and Executive leadership team are briefed on business, strategic, and financial KPIs and health of the Payments organization
- Partner with Product, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Treasury,Finance and cross functional teams in support of new payments products and initiatives
- Work with Robinhood’s Treasury team to improve balance sheet optimization and assessment of key metrics, risks, and ROIC goals
- 15+ years experience in Corporate Finance, Banking, Treasury or a related financial services field, with demonstrated leadership experience in the payments space
- Prior money service business(MSB) experience with a excellent working knowledge of payments and MSB products and services
- Strong background in developing annual strategic and financial plans and leading a business or product line as the single threaded Finance leader
- Foundation of active liquidity management in MSB or financial services
- Comfort working independently across cross-functional internal teams and external relationships, and the ability to project manage large scale projects
- Ability to get things done and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, computer science, or a related field
- Graduate degree such as an MBA or in related technical field preferred
- Experience and understanding of the broker-dealer sector
- Strong interest in fintech and knowledge of the industry
- Passion for consumer and mobile first technologies
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).