- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
Robinhood is looking for a skilled Senior Corporate Accountant to join our rapidly growing Accounting team. We are seeking driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities – a self-starter who can work independently but who is also a good team-player. This individual will need to be able to pick things up quickly and be able to meet deadlines with multiple tasks.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances
- Compile account information and prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare and maintain monthly account reconciliations
- Establish formal GL closing and other accounting process procedures
- Assist with compiling year-end external audit requests
- Research important accounting issues and suggest the best practices and applications in accordance with accounting standards
- Assist team with any ad hoc research, clean-up, reporting projects
- Work with various departments to streamline data flow and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of total experience
- Understanding of GAAP standards
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with system implementation (preferred)
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Hands-on experience in the financial close process (preferred)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).