- Westlake, TX
- Lake Mary, FL
- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood Securities is a clearing firm; clearing for our affiliate Robinhood Financial. We are seeking a motivated self-starter to lead our Brokerage Tax team! As a Brokerage Tax Manager, you’ll be leading a small team that is responsible for our processes around US tax withholding, tax remittance, tax reporting as well as cost basis reporting. You will also work towards scaling this team to support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans. The candidate will have the opportunity to strategize operational efficiency by automating daily tasks, and collaborating with our product and engineering teams to execute on innovative projects.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Take ownership of critical business functions such as tax withholding, tax remittance, tax reporting, cost basis reporting
- Build out a solid reconciliation process to ensure all vital tax documents are delivered to clients accurately and within IRS timeframes
- Work with a sense of importance and raise anomalies through the proper channels when necessary
- Conquer milestones throughout the year that will result in a smooth tax reporting season
- Supervise the forecasting, planning, and intra-day workforce management of the Brokerage Tax team
- Coordinate responsibilities including risk monitoring and prevention
- Work closely with our engineering and product teams to launch, improve, and scale Robinhood products and systems
- Handle and resolve escalated issues from our product, support and operations teams
- Maintain procedures and WSP’s
- Passion for Robinhood’s products and our mission to democratize access to America’s Financial System
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Be a great team leader who cultivates conditions that allow for a team to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Inspire, mentor, and develop a hardworking team of individuals to deliver a delightful brokerage experience for our customers
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills to develop strong business relationships with both internal and external partners
- Proven track record in leading Brokerage Tax, preferably 4+ years
- Expert-level knowledge of IRS regulations and ability to be privy to and implement new regulations
- Series 7, Series 63, and Series 24
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Proficient in data mining/sourcing
- Existing relationships with our tax reporting and cost basis vendors (to be disclosed at the time of interview)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).