- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a skilled Senior Tax Analyst to join our rapidly growing team. We are seeking driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities – a self-starter who can work independently but who is also a good team-player. This role will be reporting to the Senior Tax Manager and as a tax generalist you will support our global tax reporting, compliance and financial reporting processes.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Support our ASC 740 global tax provision and tax accounting process
- Identify book-tax differences and prepare any necessary tax supporting workpapers
- Analyze and reconcile tax accounts and perform flux analyses
- Research, analyze and draft technical memorandum on a variety of tax issues
- Support the tax department in managing tax audits, payments and any ad hoc projects
- Work with various departments to streamline data flow and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MS in Tax or C.P.A. preferred
- 4+ years of corporate tax experience with public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- Possess an understanding of ASC740 principles, as well as federal and state tax concepts
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Eagerness to learn
- High attention to detail and can drive projects to completion in a deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Inventive, resourceful and have remarkable analytical and problem solving abilities
- Can communicate sophisticated tax concepts in ways that are meaningful to non-tax professionals
- Financial and/or Tech Sector experience
- Experience with Oracle Cloud
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheets
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).