- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We’re looking for an exceptional Director of Learning & Leadership to build the foundations of learning at Robinhood. By setting strategy and supporting a talented L&L team, you’ll help our employees and leaders achieve their full potential. To deliver the best for Robinhood, you will assess the company’s learning needs, prioritize the biggest opportunities, and deliver learning and leadership programs at scale to support rapid growth. You’ll partner closely with functional People Partners and our business leaders to design and deliver learning initiatives, conduct frequent user research, and measure impact while modeling the company-wide growth mindset that fuels our mission.
To be successful, you must be a dynamic, curious and resourceful leader with a strong sense of ownership and a “solution-oriented” attitude. You’re effective at delivering through others, driving change, and building networks. You learn quickly, demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and have strong emotional intelligence and resilience.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Setting Robinhood’s company-wide learning & leadership strategy to help anticipate and meet employee and leader development needs
- Conducting needs analyses and build foundational learning systems to develop employees and leaders
- Driving the most impactful learning initiatives (e.g. the foundational Leadership Expectations series) to invest in values and behaviors that accelerate our company effectiveness
- Bringing a rigorous approach, informed by results-oriented research and methods, to drive lasting results
- Empowering employees to feel ownership over their careers, and to feel connected to resources to help them learn and grow
- Taking a test and learn approach and objectively assessing the impact and effectiveness of learning programs with a continuous improvement mindset
- 10+ years of progressive impact in L&D including employee education and leadership development
- Expertise building and scaling learning initiatives in a high-growth, rapidly adapting environment
- Experience leveraging a build, buy, curate model to determine best method of resourcing learning initiatives, drawing from a mix of external vendors, consultants, internal experts and bespoke company trainings
- Demonstrated ability to apply experience and learning theory in a practical manner while maximizing learning effectiveness
- Presentation and trust-building skills to influence change and engage audiences of all levels
- BA or MA in learning, management, human resources, or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Expertise in instructional design, learning content development, or behavioral change practices
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Experience in Tech and at a rapidly growing start up is strongly preferred
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).