- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our People team plays a critical role in finding and growing world-class talent to achieve our mission and we need your help! We’re looking for a Director, People Partner (what we call HRBPs) to provide direct support to our CISCO and Security organization. To meet Robinhood’s increasingly complex needs, we’re looking for a leader who has exceptional business acumen, who builds trust and solves problems with clients at all levels, and who empowers their customers to run more effectively and inclusively.
As a Director, People Partner (PP), you along with the rest of the Technical PP team (Product, Engineering, Design & Research, Marketing, Content, Communications) will partner with business leaders across multiple functions and sites, supporting priorities ranging from organizational design to cyclical programs. You will partner cross-functionally and collaboratively to assess, anticipate and solve HR-related needs. You will grow the high potential talent on the team, serving as a player-coach, and over time, will be responsible for hiring additional people partners as the Security function grows. You will raise the bar for customer’s organizational performance, culture, inclusion and employee experience.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Balancing the Robinhood-First Mindset: Bringing an enterprise mindset to all interactions with your clients, and deeply understanding and representing your specific organization’s needs within discussions around the broader peopleX vision, practices, policies.
- Vision-setter: Set the vision for what’s possible with our talent strategy for the Security team, collaborating closely with business leaders and our PeopleX team to implement
- Leader: Lead by example as a player coach, inspiring the Technical PP team, developing potential, and creating opportunities for your fellow team members to shine
- Business advocate: Deeply understand business priorities, helping your team articulate how people levers help drive business outcomes; collaborate with leaders so our workforce is high performing and highly engaged
- Trusted advisor: Build mutual trust and respect with senior business leaders, acting as advisor, coach, and thought partner; see around corners and help leaders grow and become more effective; have the courage to ask the tough questions that others might not; help your teams demonstrate effective judgement and empathy
- Problem solver: Collaborate across the full cycle of HR (cyclical programs, organizational change, employee relations, conflict resolution, etc.); address root causes and solve charged issues with grace and tact
- Culture champion: Invest in our culture, advocate for our employees, inspire with our values, celebrate our diversity, and deepen our sense of inclusion
- Rolling up your sleeves: Ready to jump in and do what it takes to support your customers and our people operations and programs
- 8+ years of experience across HRBP, People Operations, HR specialist (Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, etc.), or senior partnership roles. Additional experience as a management or strategy consultant in lieu of HRBP experience will be considered.
- Experience partnering with and influencing senior leaders to help drive their people strategies and increase business outcomes
- Experience applying agility to every aspect of a role, adapting approaches and processes based on new information or a changing landscape.
- Expertise developing deep, trusting relationships at all levels -- from new grad employees to C-suite executives
- Strong empathy and change management skills to scale teams through hyper growth and rapid change
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in Retail Brokerage or tech space
- Experience working and learning in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- 2-5 years of experience as a people manager
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).