- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
As the Director, Product Engineering Recruiting, you’ll join our growing recruiting team and lead a team that is responsible for all product engineering recruiting. This is a global role reporting into Robinhood’s Sr. Director, Engineering Recruiting. You’ll partner closely and be a trusted thought partner with our Engineering Leaders to attract and hire the next generation of Robinhood engineers.
Your day to day will involve:
- Designing, building and executing recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate and hire top product engineering talent. Robinhood is going through a hypergrowth period and looking to double their engineering headcount in the next year.
- Establishing our headcount planning and management processes for Product Engineering, working with senior engineering leaders across the company to anticipate their organizational needs and establish effective talent acquisition strategies.
- Implement a metrics-based approach to ensure the company’s aggressive hiring plan is achieved efficiently, using benchmarks for planning purposes and taking a data driven approach to identify and solve pain points throughout the hiring funnel.
- Promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace and drive programs (e.g. sourcing and selection) that ensure recruiting strategies attract candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Maintain talent pipelines with potential candidates and past applicants for future staffing needs.
- Grow and develop a best-in-class Product Engineering Recruiting team (inclusive of Recruiting Managers, Recruiters, Sourcers, and Coordination functions)
- 6+ years of proven experience managing and scaling engineering recruiting teams with at least 3 years of experience managing managers
- Experience building and scaling program hiring strategies for software development/ engineering talent
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, making both strategic and tactical decisions to navigate sensitive or confidential issues
- Experience building and scaling systems, programs and teams globally with a company in hyper-growth
- Strong management and leadership experience and a deep desire to build a bench of strong Talent Acquisition professionals
- The ability to balance multiple, competing priorities and projects at the same time
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills. Confident presenting to large groups, fellow leaders, and teammates of all levels
- Previous start-up experience preferred; if no start-up experience, then at a minimum must have worked at high-growth tech companies
Robinhood promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Robinhood provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants’ privacy rights.