- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our People team plays a critical role in finding and growing world-class talent to achieve our mission, and we need your help! We are passionate about employee experience. Our goal is to create a healthy organization where employees and managers bring their best selves to work in an environment that allows them to thrive. As our Employee Relations Business Partner, you’ll provide guidance, support, and recommendations for the resolution of employee relations activities including performance improvement, conflict resolution, policy interpretation and consistency, investigations and compliance, and sensitive employment decisions.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Advise on company policy and employment law requirements: Using your subject matter expertise, you will make recommendations that align with Robinhood’s culture and values to help resolve complex and unique employment-related issues across the organization. You’ll review and assess our current policies and Employee Relations (ER) practices, improving them to ensure we are promoting fairness while also still mitigating risk to the organization.
- Partner with Functional Managers, People Partners, and Employment Counsel: You’ll mitigate risk through best practice strategies, and by providing coaching and feedback, to ensure a positive and effective employee experience. You will serve as a sounding board for difficult interactions and business situations. You’ll also enable your HR Business Partners colleagues to more effectively manage employee relations
- Investigate highly sensitive employee relations issues: You’ll conduct interviews with employees that have filed a complaint, as well as interview those who may be considered witnesses, and make objective recommendations based on your findings
- Use data to identify employee relations trends: You’ll use metrics to diagnose organizational effectiveness and proactively develop the right training and processes for prevention
- Partner with the Learning & Development and Legal to build an Employee Relations training program: Conduct one-on-one and group trainings with managers and employees around how to handle employee relations issues, investigations, reorgs and managing performance
- Partner with Equity, Diversity and Belonging to build Employee Relations training and development offerings: Develop a training suite for employees and managers on how to navigate these complex employee matters
- At least 5 years of employee relations or HR business partner experience in a high growth, fast-paced environment Ability to influence and impact multiple levels within an organization to drive holistic ER strategies
- Knowledge of HR practices, including understanding of State and Federal employment laws.
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Ability to challenge openly and have difficult conversations
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into measurable strategy
- Knowledge of ER practices: performance management, corrective action, management concerns, and disputes
- Passion for advocating for others, speaking up even when it’s difficult, and seeing others accomplish their goals
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- A passion for seeing others grow through coaching, mentoring, and career development
Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.