- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood’s business is scaling at hyper speed, and we’re excited to build a total rewards program that encourages and motivates our employees. We’re looking for an experienced Executive Compensation Partner who is ready to lead research, design, and implementation of Executive Compensation program and policies at Robinhood. We’re looking for someone that has deep executive compensation knowledge and experience, including regulatory requirements. The Executive Compensation Partner will work closely with our Head of Total Rewards and Chief People Officer on specialized areas such as public company readiness and equity design. You will partner with the existing comp team, legal, HR, finance and senior leadership to advise on Executive Compensation programs, practices, and policies. You will be part subject matter expert, part consultant, and part collaborator.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead executive benchmarking, leveling, pay structures, promotion and offer recommendations
- Support with M&A activity including due diligence, exec comp assessment, integration support
- Lead the development of the materials, agenda, and planning for Compensation Committee meetings
- Develop models to prepare equity budgets and partner with finance and stock admin to track spend Assist in preparing compensation-related proxy tables and assist with the preparation of the Compensation Discussion & Analysis (CD&A) for inclusion in the annual proxy statement
- Forecast and model potential plan design changes and their impact on executive compensation
- Assist on equity strategy including burn rate, overhang analysis and other dilution analysis
- Lead and support executive compensation projects, including leading policies and processes, the assessment of program efficiency, and assessing regulatory changes, while proactively recommending improvements or changes
- Conduct market analysis, build models, develop budgets, develop exec comp structure, build out training and craft communications
- Partner with the executive recruiting team to provide tools, training, and support with offers as needed
- 10+ years of experience in compensation-related roles, with growing levels of responsibility and ownership
- Experience working on Executive Compensation
- High velocity modeling abilities; statistical and technical skills are a plus
- Expertise with private and public company equity compensation, including stock options and RSUs
- Ability to work both strategically and tactically to carry out successful changes and programs
- Expert knowledge of compensation salary planning, incentive programs, equity plans, market pricing and analytics
- A solid understanding and awareness of labor laws related to pay
- Solid consulting skills with project management experience
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).