- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our People team plays a critical role in finding and growing world-class talent to achieve our mission and we need your help!
As a People Partner (what we call HRBPs) for our Infrastructure Team, you’ll help make Robinhood an amazing place to work where our engineers, product managers and designers can grow and thrive as part of a community they belong in. By partnering with key leadership across multiple functions, you’ll set our employees up for tackling some of the toughest problems in the financial & tech industries. You’ll be a critical member of the People team in helping to build and maintain initiatives, manage operational processes, and deliver programs that help people succeed.
You’ll also serve as our Seattle PP Site Leader, one of Robinood’s newest office locations. In this role you’ll partner with the Business Site Leader and Recruiting Site Leader to define and build out the vision, culture and identity of our Seattle Office. You will ensure the Seattle hoodie voices are heard and represented, that they feel a strong connection to broader Robinhood, and receive the right visibility and engagement from our executive team. You’ll also be the key point of contact for all PeopleX team members based in Seattle, helping them to navigate their own careers and partnering with them to jointly steward the Seattle office culture.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Advising and influencing Senior or Executive Leaders: Through building close partnerships with some of our most senior leaders in engineering, product, research and design, and obtaining a deep understanding of Robinhood’s business and the foundational role our Infrastructure Team plays, you’ll enable the technology organization to solve critical and complex business challenges.
- Creating and executing a people strategy aligned with business goals: By working alongside business leaders, you’ll bring together your people expertise with knowledge of our business to create and execute on a people strategy that proactively grows, develops and engages our talent.
- Coaching and developing managers: You’ll leverage your experience in change management, building high performing teams, and navigating difficult conversations to coach managers and leaders through the full range of the employee journey
- Implementing and driving workforce planning: Balancing velocity of change and intentional org design, you will partner with business leaders to design their future organizations, map the path to the future state, and partner with recruitment to execute
- Managing organizational change: You’ll collaborate with other People team members to effectively communicate and land organizational changes by advocating for your group’s specific needs and facilitating company-wide communications and trainings
- Advising compensation design: By partnering directly with our compensation team, you’ll help drive decisions that align our culture with our reward strategies while ensuring internal equity
- Championing the Technical culture: You’ll be responsible for championing and stewarding the culture of our Engineering teams - ensuring that their unique voices, perspectives, and challenges are heard
- Rolling up your sleeves: From data entry to ad-hoc administrative work, you’re ready to jump in and do what it takes to support our people operations and programs
- Project manage complex programs: You’ll work closely with the business, COEs and fellow people partners to drive the project management of certain programs where we’re building the foundation of the technology group. As we scale quickly, we need to make sure our foundation: how we level, define career paths, measure and reward success, or growing too.
- 6+ years of HR experience
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- Experience working with a technology focused client group
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic partnership-building and getting things done
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into actionable strategy
- A passion for advocating for others, speaking up even when it’s difficult, and seeing others accomplish their goals
- Experience working with engineering, product, security, design or research client groups
- A passion for seeing others grow through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Use of first principles thinking in navigating challenges facing an engineering org bringing “tech” to a heavily regulated industry
- Experience managing satellite offices and driving strong engagement
- Experience working and learning in a high growth, fast-paced environment
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).