- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
The mission of the M&A recruiting team is to work closely with key stakeholders to identify, evaluate, and integrate high-functioning diverse teams/companies that strategically contribute to Robinhood’s technology/talent advantage and mission to democratize finance for all. We are looking for a Researcher to be the first to join this inaugural team and contribute to the growth of Robinhood! This role involves partnering closely with recruiting, corporate development, and senior leadership to research technology markets, evaluate talent communities, and build strategic market maps. If conducting in-depth research, collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders, and uncovering strategic intelligence makes you excited, this is the place for you.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Partner closely with recruiting, internal leadership and corporate development to build strategic market and talent maps for prospective acquisition targets
- Identify and evaluate potential target companies for acquisitions based on in-depth research and market analysis
- Design and deliver presentations regarding market intelligence and research to leadership and other key stakeholders
- Represent Robinhood with integrity and professionalism. Speak passionately and authentically about Robinhood and our mission.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 3+ years of sourcing or market mapping experience
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong story-telling and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace ambiguity and adapt quickly to changes
- Ability to be creative and resourceful with minimal to no guidance
- Ability to think on your feet, but with enough humility to ask questions
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.