- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Financial Services
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
As part of this team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work across a variety of functions supporting Robinhood’s fast paced, exciting, and meaningful approach to how we present ourselves to the world. You’ll gain exposure and experience across a wide array of responsibilities from creative & brand strategy, industry & external affairs, community building & social impact initiatives, and design and comms. You’ll be supported by an incredible group of specialists to help you begin your journey as a marketing and communications professional and broaden your view of the industry. This is a part-time internship that will take place from September 14th-December 3rd, 2021.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with our marketing, content, and communications teams on the day to day operations of Robinhood’s internal and external facing content and communications.
- Learn how our marketing, comms, product, analytics, and partnerships teams collaborate to build comprehensive campaign launches and enhance Robinhood’s reputation.
- Understand how our marketing and comms approach thrives at the intersection of consumers, news media, policymakers, and the public.
- Build out our overall marketing and communications strategy for a certain target audience.
- Assist our rapidly growing fintech company in problem solving and ideating to drive our business forward.
About the Team:
- Brand - The Brand Team brings together the brand look, deeds and feels to be the financial relationship that everyone trusts to be an investor.
- Communications - The Communications Team protects and enhances Robinhood’s reputation through communications with the media, employees and other key partners.
- Content - The Content Team shapes messaging from end-to-end: we can introduce Robinhood to someone who’s never used it before, guide every action they take in our app, offer tips as they’re starting their financial journey, and provide clear solutions if they need help.
- External Affairs & Community - External Affairs and Community’s work expands why people turn to Robinhood: for our mission, value set, and the lasting, positive impact we have with people and communities nationwide. We lead engagements that develop and nourish meaningful relationships with external partners. Be it the Black or LatinX communities, paradigm shifters, students and everyday investors, we demonstrate how Robinhood empowers everyone.
- Integrated Marketing (Performance Marketing) - The Integrated Marketing Team helps plan end to end marketing campaigns around major brand or product launches, working across teams to define the audience, objectives, creative and go-to-market channel plan.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program in marketing, communication, or equivalent experience
- Eager to learn about new and emerging technologies
- Naturally curious about how people behave, what drives them, what makes them feel empowered
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and virtual environment
- Low ego and proven teammate who takes creative initiatives and works collaboratively
- Self-starter and ambitious learner who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent judgment and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.