- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Oct. 24, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Detection and Response Team (DART) at Robinhood exemplifies our Safety First value by building and operating services that protect our customers’ security and privacy. DART consists of the detection and response platform and incident response teams who work together to assess threats, collect and analyze data, and respond to events. Together, we ensure the effectiveness of our safeguards and the continuous protection of our customers.
DART is looking for a Head of Incident Response to lead threat detection and response to protect the security and privacy of Robinhood customers. You will manage a team of security engineers who assess threat intelligence, perform threat hunting, build detections, and respond to security incidents.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will hire, coach, and mentor exceptional engineers and foster an inclusive environment that helps us unlock our full potential.
- You will create and implement the strategy for a comprehensive threat detection and response capability that scales with our rapid growth.
- You will lead collaboration across security teams to assess threat intelligence, threat hunt, and build detections to protect the security and privacy of Robinhood customers.
- You will define and track operational metrics and key performance indicators to continually improve response efficacy and minimize operational load.
- You will look for opportunities to reduce undifferentiated effort and eliminate toil and alert fatigue by working with partners like the detection platform team to solve problems through automation.
- You will use mechanisms like training programs and exercises to develop the incident response team and evaluate our readiness in partnership with other security and business functions.
- You will build relationships with security leaders at Robinhood to ensure that our threat detection and incident response capabilities meet the needs of our business.
- 7+ years’ experience in security engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience leading and developing security engineers.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have experience leading threat detection, threat hunting, incident response, or similar functions.
- You have a track record of hiring security engineers and analysts, with an ability to identify extraordinary talent.
- You are comfortable leading highly sensitive, complex incidents and investigations to resolution.
- You are an excellent communicator and are comfortable discussing complex security concepts with engineers and partners at any role or level.
- Experience building incident response programs, especially in financial or other regulated environments
- Hands on experience building detection strategies and responding to security incidents
- Hands on experience building or delivering capabilities that protect cloud applications
Technologies we use:
Proprietary and commercial solutions for security event detection and incident management
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).