- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a Head of Product Security to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary organization focused on building a strong Product Security foundation. In this role you will create a vision and implementation for security across all products within the Robinhood portfolio.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead the product security team - including; product security architecture, security testing, secure design review, appsec and secure foundations
- Set the vision, roadmap and lead efforts to verify the security of our code, products, and infrastructure
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with business unit leaders and engineering teams and work to champion security priorities and objectives across Robinhood
- Help define Robinhood’s security properties and influence product roadmaps
- Create frictionless paths for our Engineering teams to securely build and deploy applications.
- Partner with our peer Product Delivery leaders to help them understand and balance risk.
- Build a roadmap to appropriately scale our Product Security services inline with Robinhood’s rapid growth.
- 12+ years of experience with information security functions and 5 years experience leading application security.
- Software development security background
- Proven experience scaling code and cloud infrastructure security
- Experience leading the development of security solutions at cloud scale in AWS
- Successful track record growing application security programs including hiring and coaching future leaders
- Proven experience maturing an application security program including identifying, hiring and growing talent
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).