- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Financial Services
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for a Manager who will foster and grow a team of TPMs while directly working with the IT and Corporate Engineering team in delivering complex, strategic multi-functional programs and scale. This role will be a link between the business, engineering partners and the team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to be agile and adapt to the growing needs of the business, and help build strong connections and sustainable practices that lead to successful team outcomes.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Own complex and large scale cross-team, multi-functional initiatives. Communicate with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define goals and lead resources. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and program partners.
- Hire and onboard new Technical Program Managers to the team, tooling, and program delivery. Be active in recruiting, on-boarding and enhancing the employee experience for all team members
- Management of all relevant program management content to support the delivery teams, such as program management playbooks, templates, and timelines
- Build and evolve a portfolio of program management tools and services (project analysis, execution and delivery) and formulate financial asks to position programs for successful execution
- Run the business planning process, leading conversations with key partners to develop concepts for critical initiatives, and developing those into detailed program plans encompassing roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning and hiring goals
- Implement continuous improvements to the engineering organization and the program management process. Share program process frameworks and tools that will be embraced throughout the organization. Improve product development and delivery. Mentor project management skills within our engineering leadership team
- 5+ years of experience in leading, managing, and/or building IT focused technical programs, ideally in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- Ability to establish standardized project intake processes and ensure projects go through the required gates
- Diligent about discovering and documenting the functional requirements, timelines, and order of dependencies across an engineering project lifecycle from inception to delivery
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through relationships through effective written and verbal communication
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and aim to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.