- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
This team builds security and safety product features that directly impact customers. We create new features to give customers more financial confidence, safeguard customer login and auth security such as by providing protections from account takeover, and offer privacy choices that give customers full control over their data. We are a new team with a big road in front of us to build, launch, iterate on and improve upon new products and features to ensure customers feel safe on Robinhood.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Create smooth, stable, and elegant products with React and TypeScript
- Own features from inception and design to implementation and launch
- Build and improve tools to support Robinhood’s brokerage operational backbone
- Collaborate with design, product, brokerage and market specialists to rapidly iterate on financial products
- Design frameworks and tools that empower other developers
- 5+ years of professional Software Development experience
- 4+ years of professional experience with modern Web technologies
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Great design intuition and user empathy
- Experience leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects
Experience in the security or safety domain
Technologies we use:
- React + Redux
- Babel + Webpack + Bazel
- Jest + ESLint + Prettier
- Jenkins / Buildkite + Docker + Kubernetes
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).