- Charlotte, NC
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is seeking a results-oriented and experienced security professional to drive the security culture at one of our offices based in Charlotte, NC. Using sophisticated project management skills, this individual will take charge of projects varying in scope and size to deliver results in a timely and efficient manner. Remaining up-to-date on the local security environment and identifying emerging security trends which impact the business will be a key component of this role.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Leading the physical security teams, including 24/7 security services for routine operations, internal and external events, and a reception team
- Functioning as primary point of contact for all physical security, crisis management, and investigation matters
- Planning and leading physical security onboarding and office training projects
- Building and maintaining relationships with local and federal law enforcement agencies
- Handling incidents with swift resolution, minimal disruption, and identifying areas of improvement to continually optimize response protocols
- Emergency management and incident response, including preparation of emergency operations plans
- Building partnerships with internal partners to enable their work and to maintain a secure working environment
- Providing both quantitative and qualitative program overview reports to Physical Security leadership on a frequent basis
- Assisting in a variety of investigative cases as needed
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate security position
- 3+ years of experience in a security management role
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail and a proven ability to take ownership of multiple projects
- Experience responding to alarms, drafting incident reports, visitor management, and routine patrols within a corporate environment
- Experience conducting training, site audits, and drafting standard operating procedures for a corporate security team
- Strong understanding of GSOC operations and leveraging GSOC resources to facilitate seamless security services at an enterprise level
- Familiarity working alongside physical security systems managers/technicians
- Experience working in or alongside executive protection teams
- Experience in Law Enforcement or Military
- Experience in preparing and delivering executive facing presentations
- Working knowledge of Lenel access control system, CCTV, Avigilon VMS, and case management software
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or a related field
- First Aid/CPR Certified
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).