- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
A great product needs a solid foundation. The Frontend Infrastructure team is responsible for building great foundations that make other engineers’ lives easier. We are growing our team and looking for web infrastructure engineers to join us.
We support hundreds of engineers’ productivity by building and scaling our web architecture and tools that allow them to focus on building products seamlessly.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Improve our web architecture so it stays performant and scalable as Robinhood sees its business expansion
- Adopt and build frameworks that are flexible and reusable, with a lot of fidelity into its reliability
- Work with product engineers to understand their inefficiencies and slowdowns, and work on improving them overall
- Define how other engineers within the company will build their next product
- Seen as a leader of the platform
- 5+ years of professional Software Development experience
- 3+ years of web developer experience
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Great design intuition and user empathy
- Experience leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects
- 3+ years of experience building web infrastructure
- Experience working hands on with React
Technologies we use:
- React + Redux
- Babel + Webpack + Bazel
- Jest + ESLint + Prettier
- Jenkins / Buildkite + Docker + Kubernetes
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).