- Washington, DC
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We are looking for an experienced and innovative attorney to be responsible for a range of legal matters arising from Robinhood’s marketing and communications initiatives and programs. You will work closely and collaboratively with Robinhood’s marketing and communications organizations. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a growing company and contribute to Robinhood’s mission to democratize finance for all.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Working collaboratively with marketing and communications teams in support of initiatives and campaigns, including reviewing claims and collateral
- Conducting legal reviews of marketing communications, in particular business and product marketing communications
- Training clients and colleagues on legal and regulatory issues related to marketing and communications
- Serving as a subject matter expert within the company for advertising/marketing law issues, and staying up-to-date on marketing-related and communications-related legal issues
- Advising on marketing and communications strategy
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar, with good standing
- 8+ years of legal practice, including support of marketing and communications initiatives and programs, ideally with both a law firm and within a fast-paced technology, financial services, fintech or payments company
- The ability to provide clear, concise legal advice, work effectively cross-functionally to drive to results
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills; phenomenal ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally, including to non-legal audiences, and to drive cross-functional alignment and action
- Execution oriented mindset with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
- Experience with technology companies and/or startup organizations
- Deep background in the financial services, fintech or payments industry
- Technical education or background
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.