- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for an experienced corporate attorney to lead a variety of corporate legal functions, including strategic transactions, investments and partnerships, treasury, tax, subsidiary governance and expansion, and real estate with evolving responsibilities over time depending on your interests and business needs. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a growing company and contribute to Robinhood’s mission to democratize finance for all.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner with the corporate development team and other cross-functional groups as the legal lead on strategic transactions throughout all stages, including NDAs, deal structuring, term sheets and LOIs, negotiations, due diligence, drafting, signing/closing and post-deal integration.
- Drive continuous improvements, scalability and operational excellence in deal processes and execution
- Partner with the treasury, tax, real estate and office operations, and other finance teams as the legal lead in day-to-day and strategic projects
- Lead global subsidiary governance and expansion, including partnering with other members of the legal team on board matters, intercompany agreements and compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Support initiatives and functions including public company readiness, ESG, securities compliance, corporate governance and executive compensation
- Work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders, and develop trusted relationships to facilitate a coordinated team approach
- Pitch in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done
- Manage and partner with outside counsel
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar (preferably CA), with good standing
- 6+ years of major law firm and/or in-house at a public company with experience focused on M&A and general corporate matters
- A growth mindset with flexibility and desire to work on a variety of legal matters, learn and have a meaningful impact
- Excellent judgment and communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Action and results-oriented, with ability to adapt quickly to new surroundings and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage workloads to meet deadlines in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Reliable and collaborative team-player
- Flexibility to assist the legal department in its activities and its mission as needs arise
- Experience with technology companies, financial services and/or startup organizations
- Deep background in the financial services, fintech or payments industry
- Technical education or background
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.