- Westlake, TX
- Menlo Park
- Lake Mary, FL
- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Clearing Compliance team at Robinhood Securities, LLC (“RHS”), a clearing broker dealer, drives a culture of compliance that actively supports the people, process and technologies vital to our business. We strive to craft and implement effective compliance programs to protect customers, promote market integrity, and reduce regulatory, financial, operational and reputation risk. As a Compliance Advisor for Product & Brokerage Support, you’ll be responsible for providing advice and guidance to operational teams with new and existing products and processes, service development, testing, deployment and retrospective review, working with Product, Operations, Risk and Legal to ensure offerings meet regulatory and firm policy requirements, and collaborating with partners to ensure any updates or corrective actions are fully implemented.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with Product and operational teams to provide regulatory compliance support for new and existing brokerage products
- Proactive guidance on broker/dealer regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with legal, business, compliance and technology partners
- Act as the compliance subject matter authority and provide regulatory guidance on business initiatives and operational processes to internal teams
- Partner with Policy & Internal Control group and other GRC groups in developing, improving and implementing policies, procedures and controls
- Provide real-time answers to manager and representative questions and partner concerns
- Train on securities regulations, policies, procedures, support/sales practices and supervision
- Test policies, procedures, support/sales practices and supervision to ensure effective end to end controls
- Initiate communications regarding regulatory updates/changes and policy reminders to the Product teams
- Research and interpret rules and regulations to determine applicability to business processes
- Support regulatory filings, exams and inquiries
- Passion for Robinhood’s products and our mission to democratize finance for all
- 5-7+ years of financial services proven experience, and specifically 5 years within the area of broker-dealer compliance
- Prior experience with online brokerage
- Prior experience in a compliance or legal role supporting brokerage functions and product development including clearing and operations.
- Extensive knowledge of FINRA and SEC regulations, including practical applications of regulatory rules in broker-dealer operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with registered representatives and supervisors to build positive relationships
- Ability to assist in the ideation, design, development, testing and deployment of brokerage products.
- Sophisticated research, writing and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with demonstrated results
- Inventive and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- JD or MBA
- Experience managing projects collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
- Prior experience at a broker/dealer financial services regulator (FINRA or SEC)
- Active FINRA Series 4, 7, 9/10, 24 or 14 licenses
- Certifications such as CRCP, CSCP, law degree
Colorado Residents Only: In accordance with Colorado state law, Robinhood provides an estimate of the pay range associated with this role. In Colorado, the target salary for this position is $75,000 to $79,000. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications. Successful candidates for this role are eligible to participate in Robinhood’s equity plan. [Keep for reqs with multiple locations listed: Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in Colorado, but the role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.]
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).