- Westlake, TX
- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood Financial (“RHF”) is Robinhood’s retail broker/dealer, and the Registration Team within RHF Compliance focuses on supporting firm and individual broker/dealer licensing & registration for RHF and for Robinhood Securities, Robinhood’s clearing broker/dealer. The team is responsible for onboarding new broker/dealer registrants and associated persons, helping with disclosures and reporting for individuals and the firm, and providing guidance and support for representatives.
The Compliance Registration and Onboarding Associate will be responsible for conducting the day-to-day process of Robinhood’s registration, onboarding and examination compliance program. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the development and design of departmental processes and guidelines.
This position reports into our Compliance Registration and Onboarding Manager and is located in our Westlake, TX office.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Oversee and run day-to-day process for initial examination, registration and onboarding
- Filing Form U-4, Form U-5, and Amendments as appropriate
- Filing Form NRF and NRF Amendments as appropriate
- Recommending Rule 4530 (a) filings as appropriate
- Assist with StarCompliance (BD Disclosure System) administrative tasks
- Participate in developing and implementing process improvements to increase quality and scalability of examination and registration process, including selection of study materials and responding to examination and registration related questions
- Develop and keep updated registered and associated persons lists
- Partner with Robinhood’s People Team for new hire onboarding, including fingerprinting coordination,background check review, and following up on and obtaining information for disclosure requests by regulators.
- Responding to questions and providing support for employees in the licensing and registration area.
- Provide overall support on special projects as designated by the Head of Regulatory Services and the Compliance Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Understanding the licensing and registration rules and requirements
- 1+ years working in compliance, customer experience, or related function
- Familiarity with Consumer Financial Products/Services
- Motivation to be a self-starter with ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication, analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Broker-dealer compliance experience
- Strong understanding of brokerage, licensing, registration and compliance functions
- Familiarity with FINRA Web CRD and FINRA Gateway
Colorado Residents Only: In accordance with Colorado state law, Robinhood provides an estimate of the pay range associated with this role. In Colorado, the target salary for this position is $75,000 to $88,000. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications. Successful candidates for this role are eligible to participate in Robinhood’s equity plan. [Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in Colorado, but the role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.]
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.