- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
Menlo Park, CA, or New York, NY, or Remote
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As an AML Compliance Manager on the Robinhood Crypto team, you will be responsible for supporting the Robinhood Crypto AML program, including transaction monitoring, investigations and customer identity verification and due diligence. This manager will also assist with developing new hire and leading ongoing training for AML analysts, as well as ensuring compliance with Firm policies, federal and state regulations.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage AML Operations: daily workflow, operational queues, and metrics
- Develop, train, and lead a team of analysts and contractors
- Raise potential findings to management in a timely manner
- Conduct, review, and evaluate alert reviews, investigations and findings using AML/KYC knowledge
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in AML; provide direction and assistance on AML alert dispositions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years working in regulatory compliance/ AML investigations (ideally focused on cryptocurrency or payments/money transmission)
- Familiarity with anti-money laundering regulations: Bank Secrecy Act and NYCCR Part 504
- Strong operations background, writing and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, quality, performance metrics and process improvements
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively lead multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Advanced degree: Masters, JD, etc.
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (Chainalysis, Elliptic, etc.)
- Prior experience at a Fintech company (extra points if within the cryptocurrency space)
- Experience interacting directly with state and/or federal regulators
- SQL, VBA or basic programming skills
- Management experience over some aspect of cry
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).