- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Crypto Compliance team is passionate about delivering an excellent end-customer experience and mitigating firm risk while supporting cutting-edge crypto products. As a Crypto Regulatory Compliance Associate, you’ll support both onsite and offsite regulatory examinations of licensed entities, including compiling requested documentation from internal stakeholders, reviewing documents prior to delivery to regulators, and facilitating communication with regulators during examinations.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner closely with business, legal, and product partners to analyze regulatory requests, identify potential issues and provide compliance support to respond and resolve regulatory issues
- Prepare and submit regulatory agency applications, reports, or correspondence
- Coordinate internal reviews, investigations and responses with legal department staff
- Communicate regulatory information to multiple departments and ensure information is interpreted accurately
- Develop relationships with business leaders and regulators
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in regulatory compliance or related field
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years working in compliance or financial services
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency operations and consumer technology
- Experience managing projects interfacing with technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to scale operations and processes in a fast-paced organization
- SQL skills
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).