- Charlotte, NC
- Lake Mary, FL
- Westlake, TX
- Denver, CO
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood Financial (“RHF”) is Robinhood’s retail broker/dealer and is looking for a Director of Compliance- Product & Communications. This position will report into the RHF Chief Compliance Officer and be responsible for directing a team of compliance managers and advisors from the Brokerage Product Compliance team and the Communications Compliance team, providing leadership, support, oversight and advice to ensure compliant development, marketing and ongoing offerings of RHF brokerage products and services.
In this role, you will be accountable for owning the longterm strategy and directly guiding the teams in RHF Compliance that handle the regulatory and policy requirements around new and enhanced product services as well as our retail communications with the public. We are seeking a leader both within RHF compliance and across the Robinhood compliance community. The successful candidate will be able to inspire, coach and lead a team of compliance advisors and professionals in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide subject matter expertise to the RHF business and RHF Compliance leadership teams regarding product and communications compliance rules, regulation and strategy
- Work with Product & Marketing partners in ideation, design, development, testing and deployment of brokerage products including equities, options, ETFs, margin, fractional shares and any future product offerings
- Develop and implement scalable processes and systems for product review and communications review, approval and filing
- Lead, mentor and train team members across multiple geographies
- Provide expertise and advice on product and communications standard methodologies
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, propose solutions to resolve issues, and provide guidance for future avoidance of similar issues
- Initiate communications regarding regulatory updates/changes and policy reminders to the Product & Marketing and broader compliance and management teams
- Support regulatory filings, exams and inquiries
- Collaborate with compliance and legal partners, product, product operations, marketing and technology partners
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of broker/dealer industry experience, including 10+ years in compliance or oversight roles, and proven experience managing and leading teams
- Extensive & deep knowledge of FINRA and SEC regulations, including practical applications of regulatory rules in broker-dealer operations
- Prior experience in a compliance or legal role supporting brokerage product development including equities, options, margin, fractional shares and ETFs
- Ability to communicate effectively with regulators, legal partners and business partners to build positive relationships
- Development approach, focused on growing and coaching teams
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Inventive and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Active FINRA Series 7 license, and 9/10, 24 or Series 14
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Experience managing projects collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience implementing compliance technology systems
- Prior experience at a financial services regulator (FINRA or SEC)
- Active involvement in financial services industry organizations
- Certifications such as CRCP, CSCP, law degree
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).