- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood’s legal team is looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our growing Privacy and Data Protection legal team. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Helping coordinate, implement, maintain and evolve Robinhood’s global privacy program
- Managing projects related to ongoing compliance with privacy and data protection laws, and related requirements
- Coordinating cross-functionally and driving resolution on a diverse range of privacy-related projects and initiatives
- Partnering with privacy counsel to develop and conduct general and role-specific privacy trainings
- Proactively identifying areas of improvement throughout the entire program/project lifecycle
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent project or program management experience
- 5+ years of experience across privacy, compliance risk management, legal, and/or audit experience
- Experience with GDPR and/or CCPA
- Proven experience leading cross-organizational programs by holding teams and individuals accountable to timelines and deliverables
- Experience with relationship building and collaboration to bring together multiple perspectives within cross-functional teams
- Experience or familiarity with legal or policy frameworks or operations
- Exceptional project management skills
- Experience with consumer-facing technology and/or financial services companies
- Technical background or education
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).