- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
Menlo Park, CA, or Westlake, TX, or Lake Mary, FL, or Charlotte, NC, or New York, NY
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood Financial (“RHF”) is Robinhood’s retail broker/dealer and is looking for a Regulation Best Interest (“Reg BI”) and FORM CRS Compliance Advisor to own the day to day program operations. This position will be part of the RHF Compliance Team and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure compliance this particular compliance program including but not limited to: trainings, conflict-of-interest management, and various other touchpoints for new and existing business initiatives. This individual will test and coordinate policies, procedures, processes, help with firm governance, while leading all aspects of the day-to-day operations of this program. Additionally, this role will work with colleagues and supervisors to identify and make recommendations for appropriate improvements of the newly crafted compliance program.
In this role, you will be accountable for compliance management and providing cross-functional collaboration for improving program efficacy. This person will have familiarity with standard of care, “best interest” monitoring, testing, responding to regulatory inquiries, representing the interests of the Reg BI program during regulatory examinations, and implementing compliance controls specific to the following areas: disclosure delivery and updates, procuring related approvals, working with teammates to draft and implement policies and procedures, handling materials for conflicts-of-interest management and governance, preparing metrics and reports for firm oversight committees, and understanding how this program intersects with automated investment recommendations. You will also monitor new regulatory considerations as it relates to new FAQs and regulatory findings which may impact our current program. The successful candidate will proactively collaborate with partners on regulatory and industry standard methodologies to improve our existing program in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Administrate and operationalize the Reg BI compliance program
- Cross-functional collaboration in the management of firm’s Conflict-of-Interest Management Program and Governance
- Oversight, testing and supervision and related underlying methodology to ensure in compliance with Regulation Best Interest and Form CRS
- Providing drafts of updated disclosures for material changes at firm
- Keep track of regulatory findings and changes impacting the program
- Implement compliance controls related to Reg BI and FORM CRS compliance
- Collaborating with other compliance teams to ensure appropriate procedures, books and records, and minutes are maintained
- Cross-collaborate with internal audit, business and legal counterparts to find areas to strengthen our program
- Various “ad hoc” assignments as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of broker/dealer proven experience with 8+ years in compliance related roles
- Experience in supervision of models associated potentially subject to monitoring and compliance reviews
- Series 7 and 63
- Experience in Standard of Care related compliance roles
- Relationships with industry groups (and related experience)
- Robinhood Product Knowledge
- Experience at a financial services regulator (SEC or FINRA)
- Certifications such as CRCP, CSCP or a law degree
- Series 24
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).