- Washington, DC
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking to hire a Litigation Paralegal to join our growing legal team. This role will support the group responsible for global litigation, arbitration and regulatory enforcement matters. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide administrative support to the litigation group, including assisting with docket management and related reporting to senior management and other areas of the Firm.
- Researching, analyzing and assisting in drafting responses to regulatory inquiries from FINRA and other regulators, including matter tracking, gathering of documents and information, and submission of responses.
- Manage historical fact finding efforts and spearhead custodian identification
- Assist with preparation of legal briefs, supporting declarations, and exhibits
- Assist with special projects as necessary
- Paralegal certificate and/or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of litigation experience from a large law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience with litigation in both state and federal courts
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently to get the job done
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex legal and factual subject matter in clear and simple terms
- Strong organizational skills and experience with report generation tools and data analysis
Experience working within financial services, technology and/or startup organizations
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.