- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over five million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Corporate Engineering is seeking a highly motivated systems engineer to join the Compliance and Legal Tools team. This team primarily supports the Compliance and Legal organization at Robinhood.
As the Systems Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for the implementation and management of tools that help Robinhood achieve regulatory compliance and audit defensibility. You will work closely with Compliance and Legal teams to understand their tools, processes, and how to fix them.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work to implement and maintain best of breed products across organizations
- Provide application administration support for users and partners including, but not limited to, improvements, modifications, and corrections to existing solution implementations.
- Work closely with multi-functional teams and vendors to define and implement technical and business requirements.
- Research and evaluate new software technologies.
- Assist the team in collecting, processing, analyzing, and delivering electronic artifacts needed by our Legal and Compliance organizations.
- Own systems and be responsible for end to end administration from the architecture to the development and scaling of the system.
- Integrate systems to drive our end users workflows.
- Be an engineer in a fast paced, collaborative and detail oriented environment where quality of engineering is very high.
- You’ll also need to have excellent problem-solving skills, meticulous interpersonal ability, and attention to detail while being passionate about interacting and collaborating with partners and vendors.
Technologies we use:
- Red Oak
- 5+ years of experience working in the IT space
- Worked with Legal and Compliance partners
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (e.g., Python, Go, etc)
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Resourcefulness, persistence, and ability to thrive in fast paced, results-oriented environment
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, prioritize and balance multiple projects
Experience with FINRA, SEC, SOX, GDPR, and more
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).