- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We are looking for a Claims Operations Manager to manage our complex insurance claims including our management and casualty insurance programs. As a Claims Operations Manager you will be responsible for working with internal and external business partners in claims notification, preparation and settlement. This role will build and manage the entire claims process with our business partners in GSOC, Legal and various other business groups to scale as our business continues to expand.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Owning the claims operations program for all coverage lines including but not limited to D&O, Cyber, and Workers’ Compensation.
- Working closely with business partners to identify potential claims scenarios and ways to de-risk.
- Partner with insurers and brokers during the underwriting process to provide updates and status of claims
- Coordinating claims settlements with insurers and internal stakeholders.
- Coordinating claim reviews
- Working closely with accounting on how to appropriately reserve and estimate claim reimbursements.
- Building and maintaining claim metrics and internal KPI’s for claim resolution and recoveries.
- 6+ year of experience in claims
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Financial services experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Resourcefulness and agility in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- Experience with the brokerage industry
- Experience with Captive Insurance policies
- Legal background
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).