- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Oct. 31, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Crypto Compliance AML Lead will oversee the Crypto AML program and team, including transaction monitoring, investigations, and customer identity verification and due diligence. Reporting to the Robinhood Crypto CCO, this candidate will help design and expand AML operations so that it scales to support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans. This manager will also assist with developing new hires and leading ongoing training for AML managers and analysts, as well as ensuring compliance with Firm policies, federal and state regulations.
This person will collaborate with a broad array of cross-functional teams that support, manage, and grow the Robinhood Crypto business and its current and new cryptocurrency product and service offerings. The candidate will also engage and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the Robinhood enterprise, which includes enterprise teams that support an increasingly diverse set of business lines, products and services, and compliance programs.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design and test AML controls. Lead AML Operations: daily workflow, operational queues, and metrics
- Manage, develop, train, and lead a team of analysts and contractors
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in AML; provide direction and assistance on AML alert dispositions
- Design critical aspects of Robinhood Crypto’s compliance program and execute on, and design, implement, and maintain appropriate controls for the Robinhood Crypto business
- Strategically improve current work flow and system inefficiencies, automate manual processes, and collect and improve operating metrics
- Develop educational and training materials for Robinhood Crypto
- Draft, implement and maintain appropriate policies and procedures to ensure Robinhood Crypto is able to comply with applicable law, rule or regulation
- 7+ years working in a financial crimes compliance role at a regulated financial services company, either in the securities, commodities or banking sector
- 3+ years leadership and management experience
- Prior experience in an AML/BSA compliance role in the cryptocurrency or blockchain technology sector a must
- Strong knowledge of federal and state money transmission laws, including but not limited to requirements of the New York Department of Financial Services
- Experience in developing a risk-based transaction monitoring system that includes forensic blockchain analytics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience, JD a plus but not required
- CAMS certification
- Solid understanding of cryptocurrency markets and blockchain technology
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- Experience managing projects collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to scale operations and processes in a fast-paced organization
- Experience interacting with regulators
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).