- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Crypto Operations team is passionate about delivering an excellent end-customer experience and mitigating firm risk while supporting pioneering crypto products. As a specialist on the Risk & Response desk, you will be responsible for the identification, evaluation, mitigation, and response to risks faced by Robinhood Crypto. You will assess and report on risks, lead incident response, handle issues, and strategize risk mitigation in current processes as well as future product offerings.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Conducting risk assessments, collecting and analyzing documentation, statistics, reports and market trends
- Incorporating and making continuous improvements to policies and procedures to identify and handle risks in the organization
- Owning crypto entity risks program, including risk identification, prioritization, response planning, and escalating to the risk manager, the operating committee and the RHC board as needed
- Working closely with cross entity risk partners ensuring processes relating to risk management is consistent as applicable
- Identifying and monitoring key risk indicators, risk reporting and setting thresholds at function and entity level
- Serving as subject matter expert in Robinhood Crypto Risk Management program for internal and external partners
- Assessing potential business or product changes for risks and impact, providing input, and designing and implementing mitigation strategies and controls
- Working closely and communicating with the other crypto operations desks, the crypto compliance team, and the enterprise risk management team to regularly and frequently take stock of current business risks and recommend or implement controls that mitigate risk
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in operations or financial services handling firm risk
- Deep understanding of policies and standard methodologies of risk management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and long-term approach, ability to identify and mitigate risks proactively
- A track record for assessing emerging risks and designing and program-managing mitigation tactics
- Resourcefulness and agility in a fast-paced and at times ambiguous, entrepreneurial environments
- 2+ years working in the cryptocurrency field in a risk role
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency products, operations, custody security, and regulations; the blockchain technology
- Experience using issue management or GRC tools such as JIRA, Coda
- Experience managing projects collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).