- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As Robinhood’s Regional Security Manager, you will be responsible for managing all Physical Security Operations within the West Coast. Discovering physical security gaps, implementing improvement plans, identifying opportunities for security to improve business efficiency, leading employee training, and fostering strong relationships with law enforcement partners are just some of the core functions of this position. This position manages both Robinhood Site Security Managers and contracted security partner relationships within their region to drive results and help scale operations proportionally with Robinhood’s growth.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage internal and external security positions to ensure the safety of Robinhood employees and its offices
- Audit current and future facilities to identify security gaps in physical barriers, procedures, policies, systems, and environmental threats
- Maintain business continuity by acting as the primary incident commander during crisis events
- Manage internal and external investigations including: accidents, thefts, disturbances, discrepancies, and instances of criminal activity against the organization
- Oversee physical security vendors and assisting in contract negotiations
- Embody the core principles of the physical security team and serving as a liaison between internal and external partners
- Partner with and advising facilities during the build-out process
- Partner with local and federal law enforcement in furthering investigations on matters of criminal activity taking place on Robinhood premises
- Maintain the highest ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- 5+ years experience with security operations, law enforcement, or military
- 3+ years experience within a corporate security operations management role
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, organizational management, or related field
- Ability to travel between Robinhood offices both regionally and globally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working autonomously, and navigate ambiguity with ease
- Experience building and scaling operations in a high-growth, rapidly adapting environment
- Experience managing, coaching, and retaining talent
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion and emotional intelligence
- Experience in change management, administration, and vendor management
- Familiarity with security program automation and implementation
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPP, PSP, PCI or other relevant certifications
- Familiarity in partnering with Global Security Operations Centers and Executive Protection Teams
- Strong understanding of Physical Security Systems and managing integration vendors
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).