- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
Menlo Park, CA, or New York, NY, or Remote
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Procurement and Vendor Management Office (VMO) is the central team at Robinhood for engaging and managing Third-Party Vendors. We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Vendor Data Management who will lead a team of Managers on strategic initiatives related to Third-Party data.
In this role, you will lead the design, build-out, and implementation of the architecture required to efficiently extract and analyze risk and performance data for Robinhood’s Third-Parties. This role requires expertise with handling large volumes of diverse raw data that may be structured, semi-structured, or unstructured. You will need a flexible and innovative mindset to drive: a) data extraction (and then ingestion) from multiple diverse sources, b) data cleansing / deduping to improve quality and establish consistency, and c) data upload into a target database using modern data architecture protocols designed to achieve speed and efficiency. You will lead your team to develop and communicate data-driven insights to promote Third-Party operational excellence, quality, efficiency, and compliance. Your work will be the basis of our efforts to build-out a world-class global Third-Party management program.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner with data and engineering teams to design and build out efficient infrastructure to track key business metrics pertaining to Robinhood’s Third-Parties
- Aggregate relevant data for incident response, regulatory inquiries, and other day-to-day happenings
- Convert metrics to easily digestible dashboards using Business Intelligence technology / tools such as Google Data Studio or Looker
- Demonstrate expertise in data analysis, data visualization / dashboarding, reporting, as well as business communication and collaboration.
- Analyze diverse data sets and identify insights to improve business outcomes
- Support Third-Party business reviews in collaboration with business teams and using automation in an innovative way to increase throughput and improve accuracy
- BA / BS / MS degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering, or natural sciences (or equivalent research experience)
- 9+ years of experience in vendor data management
- 4+ years of direct people management experience
- Excellent programming skills, including familiarity with either Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas) or R programming languages
- Expertise with SQL
- Independent, self-motivated learner
- Familiarity with data visualization and analysis tools such as Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc. and the ability to lead functional experts to design and implement data structures that facilitate the delivery of powerful reports and dashboards
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience communicating data driven insights
- Ability to independently lead a team and deliver effective results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).