- Lake Mary, FL
- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Settlements is at the core of Robinhood. For every trade, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Settlements that enables business to flow.
Settlements is integrated within our clearing businesses and delivers trading, and cash management capabilities to all our clients. We work to protect the accuracy and efficiency at every step of the trade. The Settlements Team first ensures that the stock and payment are ready to be traded. Next, we make sure that the trade is settled properly and on time. And finally, we confirm that each trade is reported accurately to the buyer, the seller, the firm and the regulators. Along the way, Settlements looks for anything that could expose our clients or the firm to financial loss, penalty or other risks. Settlements does this for every trade executed at Robinhood. The Settlements Team also aids in the design of the technology, the information flows and the processes that make it all work. We constantly monitor these systems and reengineer them to keep everything running as efficiently as possible.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Fail control functions - settle trades, buy-in aged fails, daily settlement reconciliations
- Seg deficit management - cure deficits, complete seg reporting
- Work very closely with other clearing departments including the ACATS team, Securities Lending Ops & Trading teams, and the Fin Op team
- Build relationships with street counterparties, DTC, and other 3rd party vendors to quickly settle failing trades and cure deficits
- Manage day-to-day entries, adjustments, corrections directly in the brokerage platform
- Manage and resolve escalated issues
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of daily work
- Develop and maintain department procedures and guidelines
- Implement process improvements within department
- Series 7, 24
- 4 - 7 years experience in brokerage operations and management
- Expert knowledge with DTC, NSCC, Obligation Warehouse, SMART Track, and other DTCC suite applications
- Settlement, buy-in, fail control, and/or seg experience
- Ability to build a team. Strong coaching skills
- Strong self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and adapt to changing environment
- Master’s Degree
- Database experience - SQL, python
- Experience working at a fast-growing company
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to create innovative ways to handle day to day processing
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).