- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
About The Role
As a Product Manager at Robinhood, you’ll be responsible for leading teams to develop products that improve the everyday lives of our customers. You’ll work with experts in multiple functional areas that bring ideas to life that will help us democratize finance for all.
In this role, you will build tools, create updated workflows, and integrate 3rd party solutions that enable Robinhood to comply with all laws and regulations. You will work closely with many cross functional teams, including engineering, compliance, legal, and others to set goals, prioritize work, define product requirements, then partner with designers, engineers, and data analysts to deploy solutions. You will be responsible for delivering business outcomes that reduce our regulatory risk and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our compliance and legal teams.
Your day-to-day will involve
- Internalizing regulatory requirements and working with Robinhood’s chief compliance officers, compliance team and legal team to assess the regulatory risks that we face as a firm
- Conducting research to understand the wants and needs of your legal and compliance peers. You’ll also shadow them to observe the challenges they experience responding to legal matters and regulatory requests.
- Establishing a long term product vision, creating OKRs and building a roadmap that positions us to deliver on our goals
- Writing product requirements and technical specification documents, then partnering with design, engineering, content, and other teams to ship functionality that addresses the risks we face. The solutions you devise will also improve the productivity of our teams.
- Identifying, evaluating and integrating 3rd party solutions
- Designing experiments and hypotheses that position us to measure the impact of a new feature, workflow change or tool on key metrics
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 3+ years product management experience
- Prior experience building products in regulated industries or shipping features that have extensive significant legal requirements
- Demonstrated success working with partners and integrating vendor solutions
- Familiarity using research, experimentation and product analytics to evaluate the risk-reward tradeoff and guide decision making
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal both with technical audiences and with senior executives
- Self-starter and proven track record taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environment
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Proficiency project managing cross functional workstreams
- Passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- Computer Science major
- Prior experience in a compliance or legal product role
- Knowledge of financial services laws and regulations
- Experience working in financial services or a highly regulated industry
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).