- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
About the company
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About The Role
Product Managers at Robinhood are responsible for leading teams to develop products that improve the everyday lives of our customers. You’ll work with experts in data, design, engineering, marketing, operations and research to bring ideas to life that will help us democratize finance for all.
As a product manager for Privacy, you’ll own the foundational products and services that define Robinhood’s privacy controls, data protections, and regulatory compliance efforts. Our success is our customers’ success; you will directly influence our customers’ understanding of Robinhood’s efforts to help them safely invest, engage & transact on the platform as they build their financial future. Your work will play a key role in building trust with Robinhood’s customers, regulators, and the public at large.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Refining and implementing our company and product strategy around user privacy, data governance, and privacy infrastructure
- Identify and mitigate privacy and security risks we face as a company across our existing products and new products we introduce
- Establishing a product vision and shared set of priorities across the team and the company
- Finding ways to maximize utility of common features, while identifying unique needs specific to product lines and/or geographies
- Collaborating with privacy, security, design, broader engineering, data science, compliance, legal and operations to ship meaningful, high-impact products, features and experiments
- Partnering with the communications team to evangelize the work Robinhood is doing to protect customers and their data
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 3+ years experience building and shipping high-quality consumer products
- Always puts customers and their data protections first, even when it’s hard
- Prior experience in a privacy role, familiarity with privacy regulation (e.g. CCPA, GDPR)
- Prior experience implementing data-focused platforms or services
- Familiarity using research, experimentation and product analytics to guide decision making
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- Motivation to be a self-starter
- Computer Science major
- Experience working with machine learning
- Experience working in fintech or financial services
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Additionally, Robinhood is happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the hiring process and respects the privacy of all applications.